This individual will drive business value and improved measurement and analytic capabilities, supporting the strategic measurement design and measurement infrastructure, for Consumer Reports portfolio of sites and mobile products. This position will be responsible for developing, managing, maintaining, and supporting the web analytics infrastructure, data collection, site tracking tactics, tools and technical process integration. As the resident technical web analytics expert, the individual in this role will work closely with key business stakeholders and internal technical teams/developers to identify, implement, and test solutions needed to measure and monitor web related projects and initiatives that drive business growth.
- Responsible for defining and developing technical requirements related to web data collection, measurement and reporting. This includes gathering and documenting business, technical and reporting requirements that drive the metrics architecture for enterprise implementations.
- Serve as the web data steward responsible for maintaining data accuracy, proper use and interpretation. Consult on projects and new initiatives, creating proper measurement design and tracking tactics that are feasible and practical.
- Partner with IT and web development teams to ensure seamless process integration from a measurement design and site tagging perspective. Validate and debug implementation and follow up on issues until resolved.
- In partnership with the Analytics team, handle the business relationship with primary web analytics vendors (Adobe) and ensure that reporting and analytic capabilities are maximized.
- Continuously improve data capture and analytic capabilities to create a competitive advantage. Stay abreast of the web and digital space measurement and analytic techniques to continually provide insightful and forward thinking measurement strategies and data capture tactics.
- Collaborate with Analytics team to translate data output into meaningful, actionable and impactful information that can effectively contribute to our digital properties KPIs, traffic, P&L, and other measures of success.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 5+ years web analytic experience with focus on measurement design and analytic tool implementation (Adobe Analytics [Omniture Site Catalyst], Google Analytics [GAP], Coremetrics, etc.).
- Ability to define and translate business requirements into technical requirements, code, and specifications across all digital media platforms.
- Fluent in debugger tools; excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and strong analytic skills.
- Experience in implementing web analytics with Adobe CQ or similar content management system, with eCommerce experience a plus.
- Familiarity with business intelligence and reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, etc.) and A/B testing tools (Optimizely, Adobe Test & Target, etc.).
Areas of Expertise:
- Digital analytics solution design and code implementation
- Adobe Reports and Analytics (Omniture/SiteCatalyst)
- Ad Hoc Analysis (Discover)
- Data Warehouse
- Report Builder
- Processing Rules
- SAINT Classifications / Classification Rule Builder
- Adobe Site Catalyst Segmentation
- Google Analytics
- Tag Management: Google Tag Manager (GTM), Tealium, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM)
- Debuggers and packet sniffers: CharlesProxy, HTTP Scoop
- Data-driven, fact-based and consumer-focused with a commitment to continuous learning and development
- Identifies new possibilities for innovation, revenue growth, and social impact
- Leverages knowledge of the competitive landscape, marketplace trends, best practices and technology to improve CR’s ability to compete, keeps current on external trends and developments and inspires colleagues to do same
- Translates goals, priorities and key information into simple, impactful messages and persuades and influences others through compelling communications and clear rationale
- Shares vision and priorities with all stakeholders and invests time to ensure stakeholder understanding and buy-in
Apply at http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/position/index.htm?id=2699